Monday 8 September 2014

Chash | Elderflower & Ginger*


My first post!

Dan from CHASH tea was wonderful enough to send this tea over. 



Chash describes this tea in the perfect way... 


A delicious and crisp blend.

The strength of ginger root, cardamom, cinnamon and bruised pepper juxtaposed with delicate elderberry, floral elderflower and mallow blossom.
Powerful and mild all at once!
Pour over ice, or refrigerate, for a delicious presse.


This is what I thought of it...



Elderflower & Ginger brews to a gorgeous golden colour. 

When this tea was first brewed the smell of elderflower was the strongest, which I liked as I love Elderflower. But then when I left the tea to brew for 2 minutes the smell of Ginger did come through, although underlying but very nice! 

Taste. I was dubious of trying this tea and had mixed feelings, but trusted what Dan had sent. Firstly, I was happy and eager to try it as I love Elderflower, in a  cordial fizz iced in Summer lush! So I was super excited to find elderflower in a tea which I never had before. But then the ginger, I had a bad experience with a ginger tea so didn't want this to taste like drinking fire either! 

But obviously it being a Chash tea I was pleasantly surprised! The sweetness to the elderflower and the spice form the ginger really do counteract each other and allow for a perfectly balanced tea. The ginger has a lovely warming taste, not a burning taste. Which makes drinking this tea very refreshing and light. 

The flavour is strong but delicate. The taste of this tea was far more delicate than I expected. Matching perfect to an afternoon tea, with a slice of cake! I have been feeling a little rubbish lately, and this tea was lovely and comforting sat with a perfect Ryan Gosling marathon! The perfect pick me up. 

I would recommend this tea to both people who do and don't like ginger tea because the taste of ginger is there, but in a smoother note. You can really taste the luxury of this tea! The high quality of tea can be found in taste, and this perfect tea blend, is just gorgeous! 

Get on the Chash site to find this tea here.  
This tea comes in pouches or loose. 

Enjoy! 

Rebecca x

No comments:

Post a Comment